Auto-logout Time Increased?

Schmitz

Has something changed with respect to how long I stay "logged in"?

I often take hours to write a message (in few-minute gaps between doing actual work) and I've noticed that when I get around to hitting "send" my session has timed out.

I hate to admit it, but I also check messages from my Blackberry (checking email/messasges 20 times a day becomes strangely addictive once you have the thing) and having to login every time with those tiny little keys is a bit annoying.

If the change was to address security issues I understand - I just wondered if it was intentional.

Don

To add a question also in the "response" category...why is there no ability to "copy" what you've written after you hit "select all"? It's not even an option in that pop-up window, nor anywhere (that I can find) in the icons above.

I'll write a response and on occasion it will not want to post. You can see that it's going to take too long and go to the "window not found" error message; and that's when I'd like to quickly copy the response and print it in my "word" file, so I can then re-copy it back to a new response box and not have to try to retype the entire message (only to have the same thing happen again).

Is adding a "copy" option a viable alternative? Thanks!

GIL :smiley16:

Don,

I'll look into the possiblity of increasing the timeout. The current connection timeout is ten minutes, the session timeout is 1 hr. The ten minute timout was introduced as part of our recent upgrade, and is inherent to the system. I'll do some digging and see if there's a way to adjust it manually.

Thanks Bob!

BTW, I think Gil's issue is how to recover from writing a big message, hitting the "Add Reply" button, and then have the browser fail trying to upload the message to the server (either because the network is down or the server is having problems). Some browsers let you hit the "back" button so you can go back to the screen where you wrote your message and try again, or copy-n-paste the text and dump it into a Word doc until the network/server recovers from whatever problem its having, but its possible some browsers just lose everything you've typed. Firefox seems to do the right thing, but at least some of the earlier versions of MS Explorer would do the "lose everything you typed" thing... I'm not sure there is a good solution besides always composing your messages in Word/Wordpad/etc (inconvenient), or remembering to copy it to the clipboard before you hit send, or maybe switching browsers...

Don

Don