GSL Photo's

Greyhound

Here are some of the photo's I took at The Greater Salt Lake Internationial Model Car Contest. I know that this is a few months late, but I just downloaded to Photobucket and just figured out how to do the url [ see my Batmoble under Sci Fi forum]. I made a few comments on some photo's so you will understand what is going on. Please notice the photo of Tom Danials doing his presentation on his history with Designing Model Car Kits. He says that he may be able to do some more in the future! I sure hope that Revell follow's up on this as his design's are truly classic. http://s1100.photobucket.com/albums/g413/greyhound10/

Thanks for the pictures.

I have lived here now for almost 28 years and have only made it to one or two of these. Didn't even see any advertising for it this year.

Phil - This was my 6th time to GSL. I started at the last one they did yearly, GSL #15, then they went to every other year with this year number 23. The best way to get info about the contest is to get on thier email or snail mail list. Go to "The Model Car Builders Museum" web site and follow the prompts. The GSL also has their own web site as well with lots of photo's and info. My wife always goes with me to this event as we both really like visiting Salt Lake City. We stay at the event Hotel, The downtown Sheraton so we are close to everything. We drive from San Diego with a stop at Saint George utah so it is not such a long Drive. The event starts on Thursday and goes through Sunday when they have the Awards Banquet. The have 2 or 3 Seminars or workshops each day. One of the Highlights is a full tour of the Model Car Builders Museum. The place has a lot of very unique and historical items from the past. it has the largest referance library for Model Cars that you can imagine! On Saturday night they do a Auction to raise money for the Museum with all the items donated. There are many unique items to bid on. On Saturday morning is a Swap meet that is only open a few hours, so bring lots of money and if you see something you want buy it immediatly because when you come back around it will probably be gone! We normaly add an additionial trip to this event and this year we went up tp Park City for a few days and then on to Bear Lake in the North East corner of Utah. Park City was expensive and Bear Lake is probably one of the most scenic places we have ever been. Dan king

Dan,

Yep, been to the Museum but that has been a while. The car club also sponsors the auto awards at the Ogden or Salt Lake contests.

Just wish we could get all three clubs together and go for another Nats. I wasn't in state yet when they hosted in 1980 and sounded like they lost a bit of cash. Made all the old timers pretty gun shy.

But if all 3 could get together, should be enough manpower to pull off a good show.

Been a while since I have been up to Park City also. Still haven't made Bear Lake, maybe someday. Lots of stuff to do here.