Support the Troops Donations

Dick Montgomery

IPMS Wounded Warriors, one of the most recent additions to the list of IPMS Chapters, is populated by those military members who have been assigned to Brooke Army Medical Center for treatment and rehabilitation. As part of the Support The Troops program sponsored by IPMS, I organize and administer the donation of hobby-related items to these heroes.

On Thursday, Dec 2nd, with the approval of the club president, I set up a Donation Station during the IPMS Alamo Squadron club meeting. The program for the evening was the annual White Elephant Gift Exchange. Club members were invited to donate the item that they received in the gift exchange to the Donation Station.

Thirteen members donated their recently acquired model to IPMS Wounded Warriors.

Even before the meeting started, member Rob Booth donated 13 models he had intended for sale or trade.

Steve Reyes also made a significant donation. One of Steve's donations was the AMT F-18 Blue Angels set which contains 4 F-18s. So, in a way, there were 29 total modles donated rather than 26!

Because of the generousity of IPMS Alamo Squadron, and through the thoughfulness of members like Rob and Steve, 26 model kits have been added to the pile of items that will soon be transported to the members IPMS Wounded Warriors.

Additionally, in the last few days I've been contacted by 3 IPMS members who have indicated that they will be sending some items for the Wounded Warriors.

Thanks to all of you for your contributions to the Support The Troops program.

If you or your chapter wish to make a donation of books, paints, brushes, glue, kits, or tools please contact me for donation details.

The Wounded Warriors are usually rather camera-shy but I'll try to get some images of the donations being received.

Another load of kits, magazines, and books were delivered to IPMS Wounded Warriors at Brooke Army Med Ctr. This supply was gathered at the IPMS Alamo Squadron Christmas Meeting and was augmented by individual donations from Steve Reyes and Rob Booth.

An additional donation is currently "in the mail" and on its way to me. It will be cataloged, the Army paperwork will get done, and another delivery run will be made shortly. If you or your club wish to donate to the Wounded Warriors who are receiving treatment and rehab at Brooke AMC please contact me and I'll provide you with the information you'll need to get your donation in the pipeline. Kits, books, magazines, paints, brushes, and nay hobby related item are gratefully accepted.

Another package containing donated items arrived via UPS today. Thanks to David Franks for his generous donation of six Tamiya armor kits to the guys at IPMS Wounded Warriors! The kits will be delivered, combined with some books and magazines and just in time for the Holidays!

Skip Samples and the good folks of the IPMS San Diego Car club sent 30+ models as a donation to the guys at IPMS Wounded Warriors. IPMS WW is a chapter located at Brooke Army Med Center and the guys there are receiving treatment and rehab for wounds received while on duty.

If you or your chapter wish to make donations of kits, books, DVDs, or any hobby related item please contact me for shipping details.

This effort is part of the IPMS Support the Troops program.

Thanks!

David Franks also supplied a box containing a very large supply of Vallejo Airbrush paints and Tamiya Acrylics. Those supplies, along with some paintbrushes and some misc. items from some other donors were delivered on 12/14/2010.

IPMS wishes to thank the following for their generous support to this IPMS program.

Businesses and Hobby Shops

Hill Country Hobbies in San Antonio, Tx

Cajun Model Company (Shane Theriot)

IPMS Chapters ( make a note of this support for Chapter of the Year nominations)

IPMS San Diego Model Car Club IPMS Acadiana

IPMS Swamp

IPMS Houston

IPMS Austin Scale Modelers

IPMS Alamo Squadron

IPMS North Central Texas

Individuals

Skip Samples

John Estes

"Doc" Webber

Matt Dane

Rob Booth

Steve Reyes

David Heno

Jerry Mohr Estate

For those whom I failed to list, my humble apologies. Please remind me of your donation and I will add it to this list.