Painting experiment...stay tuned

Wildcat

Picked up a dozen bottles of woman's nail polish at a yard sale a few weeks back for $3.00. It is very finely ground enamel paint so it should work well on models. I shot it onto some scrap fuel tanks and it came out pretty good. Getting Provence Moulage Ferrari 250 GT ready to try it on.

ferrari250_ip1%20001.JPG

I used nail polish regularly also. It offers a variety of colors and they're cheap. My personal favorite is white pearl nail polish. Plus I mix it 1:1 with lacquer thinner and it lays down beautifully.

I used nail polish regularly also. It offers a variety of colors and they're cheap. My personal favorite is white pearl nail polish. Plus I mix it 1:1 with lacquer thinner and it lays down beautifully.

Thanks. I hit it with the nail polish but obviously didn't have it thinned right. Will get some more oven cleaner and then give it another try in a few days.

I'm very interested in this thread. When I was at the Houston show last year one of the most spectacular paint schemes I ever saw was a car airbrushed with fingernail polish. It was fantastic!

This stuff is great! Second try and this is the result. It really is this glossy in person. Used high grade auto lacquer thinner and thinned pretty aggressively. Really hard to get this stuff to run.

ferrari250_ip2%20002.JPG

ferrari250_ip2%20001.JPG

Finished Provence Moulage Ferrari 250 GT. Nail polish worked really well and dries pretty quickly using lacquer thinner. Bumpers are scratch built as the kit was of a Le Mans race car.

ferrari250%20001.JPG

ferrari250%20002.JPG

ferrari250%20008.JPG

ferrari250%20005.JPG

More here:

http://www.percongrp.com/pelikan/autos/ferrari250gt_ms.htm