Matchbox 1/32 Bf 109E-3

adfogel

So, long story short this build is for the MB group build over on Modeling Madness. I decided to go a bit nuts. I have added some of the old Verlinden detail set (for the Hasegawa kit) to the cockpit, used the leftover Eduard injection-molded instrument panel and scratch-built some of the remaining details including the gunsight and opening up the rear stowage hatch. Also figured I would open up the radio hatch and scratch-built all of the details there. The engine has been plumbed and wired somewhat and I am using the Eduard cowling guns and made muzzle covers out of brass.

Why???? Well, because it just seemed like a fun thing to do. :smiley17: Critiques and comments most welcome.

Lee

IMG_6317Medium.jpg

IMG_6320Medium.jpg

IMG_6925Medium.jpg

IMG_6924Medium.jpg

IMG_6973Medium.jpg

IMG_7137Medium.jpg

IMG_7136Medium.jpg

IMG_7133Medium.jpg

IMG_7132Medium.jpg

And here's a few more...

Lee

IMG_7129Medium.jpg

IMG_7126Medium.jpg

IMG_7131Medium.jpg

IMG_7125Medium.jpg

IMG_6974Medium.jpg

IMG_7007Medium.jpg

IMG_7052Medium.jpg

Overboard? Naaaahhhhh....As long as you're having fun there's no such thing! Did you paint the instruments on the main panel? They look very good! If you did paint them, I'd like to know your technique for getting such fine lines (paint, thinner, brush size, etc.). Nice Emil in the making!

GIL :smiley16:

Thanks, sir! It's been alot of fun for sure. The instruments are Mike Grant decals and the engine serial number is dry-transfers.

Later,

Lee