My 1/32 Scale Trump Su-27ub 2-seater Is In!

TheDude

Well I got my 1/32 scale Trumpeter SU-27UB 2-seater today. On top of being ecstatic about the UB model coming out (My favorite Russian jet next to the MiG-29UB), I was itching to see what or if Trumpeter changed from some of the "incorrect' parts, I.e intake, nose cone etc.

After I opened up the UB box, I whipped out my single seater to compare. Needles to say the upper fuselage is all new, the lower fuselage has been slightly retooled to accomodate the NEW intakes. For those who dont know the original single seater had wrongly shaped intakes, too narrow and too rounded. Apparently Trumpeter used the retooled intakes and added them to the single seaters as of late since the lower fuselage parts are the same for both versions. Rumor has it that Trumpeter got a hold of the "zactomodels" correction set for the intakes. While they are not exact copies thay are pretty close, the new shape is the same but the detail is not as good as the Zactomodels version.

The nose cone was also slightly mis-shapen but Trump didn't change it though. The one thing I noticed is the upper fuselage on the new UB is that it has a grainy feel to it, sorta like the 1/32 academy F-16. I think a coat of primer would take care of that. The burner cans have been retooled as well for the UB. I think this model might be Trumpeters best 1/32 scale plane yet but as usual I won't know until I build it... :)

Brian:

Cool. Hoping we get a feebie for the reviewer corps! Several have been asking

Dave M

Dave,

I am going to start on it already. Maybe I can do a review of it if you'd like even though I'm not in the reviewer corps?