The Duke Finishes Four, One is Here

Mark Deliduka

This month I finally found time to work on some models and bring some over the finish line since they were so close. 

This is one of four, the other three are vehicles. This is my ancient Revell British 71-foot Vospers Motor Torpedo Boat, built strictly out of the box. Yes, I need to add window glass to the bridge windows:

full

full

full

I used stretched sprue for the rear cables going to the jackstaff at the back as actual thread wasn't working. This isn't the best; nor a decent contest model; but it is another step in the goal to finish as many motor-type boats as are easily available. 

Thank you all for looking in.

Very nice work. It's a good model, but does need some attention. This particular variant was not used by the Brits, but rather as Lend-Lease by the Russians. The biggest single flaw in the model is that these boats did not have wooden decks, so all that deck detail Revell added was incorrect. Which doesn't detract from the good job you did on getting it together. Nice work, as usual. 

Ron, thank you for that great information. This was an ancient kit that I just decided to throw together; I never knew about those details. However, this is fantastic that the Soviets used it; I don't have any kind of national insignia so I could call it a Soviet boat along side my British Vospers, American PT boat, Japanese PT-15 and German Schnellboot.

Hey, that's a collection in IPMS contests! Sweet!