Revell 85 442 Oldsmobile

Ronald

Hello there fellow modelers 

has anyone built the Revell 85 442/FE3-X if so what version you did you do it in, also I would like to know if anyone knows  what color the  vehicles Chassie and frame and  engine block color, reason I'm asking these questions is I  have the kit and I use to own a 84 442 Oldsmobile and what to recreate my car was gray and silver with gold trim, and  leather seats actually it was a cutlas Calais with a 442 package it was fully loaded any information you guys and gales have I would appreciate it thank you 

Ronald 

Engine blocks of that era were almost a flat black. A few drops of gloss or semi-gloss added to flat black.  Most frames, core supports, and fender wells were a semi-gloss as well as some of the front suspension and rear axle.  There are plenty of web sites to do your research just by googling.  I have a few of those kits with the plans of doing the 83 H/O, 84H/O, 85 442  and the 87 442.  I might actually finish one......someday.

Dave

I have owned many Oldsmobiles 1-1 scale over the years. Like I said above "do your research for the year you want to build if you want accuracy.  Olds motors were red, bronze, different blues, gold, and black just depends on the year and cubic inch of them.  Most GM motors were black after about 1982-1983.

As far as your model, build it the way YOU want to. Just have fun doing it.  Post some pics here with your WIP

Dave

This talk of Olds 442s is one I like to read. Having owned a 1977 Olds 442 for over 39 years (lost it to a car thief, along with my wife's 2003 Corvette convertible) I always like to read about them. As for 1985s I am happy that a model manufacturer is producing a kit. I just wish they would do a kit for the 1976 or 1977 but then I can dream.

I did get one of the NASCAR kits of Richard Petty's 77 Olds 442 that I am going to try to take from a race car back to the "stock" version. Have an old JoHann kit of the 1975 Olds Cutlass S that I will get the interior and wheels and maybe the chassis. But this thread is talking about engine color. Well my 77 had a blue engine - it was sort of a light blue.

I still miss that car, even seven year later.

Have a nice day and I look forward to seeing pictures of the finished model.

David Von Almen, Gentleman Modeler

as I was telling the first Dave I want to try making the 85 442 kit exactly as mind was with a few changes' interior will stay as mine was leather seats with chrome where the power seat buttons were but add chrome to the valve covers and air filter etc 

Ronald 

Edited by Ronald