The Duke's Latest Finished Model

Mark Deliduka

After so many setbacks since February, I finally managed to finish something. This was a commission build for a friend and fellow Hobby Day attendee. He had acquired this model when cleaning out the apartment of a friend of his that had passed away. He brought it to me at a Hobby Day and asked me to build it for him. This past weekend he took delivery of this ship:

full

full

full

Now, before anyone says anything, I do know about the missing screws and shafts. Just so everyone knows; when I got the kit from my client, the box and bags inside had already been opened. As I continued to build this; I found out how many parts had gone missing before I ever got it. That includes the screws and shafts, as well as several other parts. My client knew parts would be missing from the kit, but as long as it could be finished and look like the Emden, he didn't care. He had also told me that he didn't want it rigged; which I have to honestly say, I was quite glad to hear! He was extremely pleased with this model and has even offered to bring me another one to build for him. I'll keep you posted on that. Until then, enjoy this model and thanks for looking in. Comments are welcome.

• Like 1

I like the look the of this build, Mark.  The simple yet different color paint scheme is nice and I think the model looks very good overall.  From previous posts I am aware that the model is small.  That makes the work and paint scheme even better overall in my opinion.  I am looking forward to seeing what you do with the next kit that your client has given you.  Nice work!  🙂 Lucky you that your client did not want rigging.  I have had enough of rigging for sure and I have only built one ship model with it!

Thank you Ed! I also love the look of this ship. I was quite pleased with how fast this went together too. It is not quite so small; being a 1/350 scale ship; it measured out to be about a foot long +/- a couple inches. And yes, I agree with you about rigging. I have three or four other ships on the shelf of doom that need rigging too and I've not been able to conjure up the motivation to get started.