EARLY PEEK AT UPCOMING STAR TREK VOYAGER PROJECT!

papasmurf

Some progress on the Voyager to share, see, I'm still here. These are the last week's painting stages, and adding the primary colors to the Hull sections. "Tiling" effects done per reference of the real studio prop images, I have on hand. Still much detail work to do, but the airbrushing is mostly done at this stage. I start to hand-detail, the remaining details over the next week or so.

voy_9_917_-523x413.jpg

voy_9_919_-570x393.jpg

voy_9_918_-484x359.jpg

voy_9_926_-410x359.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Voyager finally completed! Here are some beauty shots with the illumination details, as well as some daylight close-ups of the exterior Hull detailing. Randomized Thruster effect, dual Photon Torpedo banks, fully lighted Navigation and Strobe effects, detailed Shuttle Bay with 2 lighted Shuttles in Bay. Hand-weathering with the Tamiya "Master Weathering" set, good stuff. Mounted on a very high-quality, custom-made, Lexan sail stem, and Lexan base and Clear Cover. Client was extremely happy with the results, and picked it ip just this morning!

voy_9_1041_-523x389.jpg

voy_9_1024_-538x394.jpg

voy_9_1033_-442x327.jpg

voy_9_1023_-443x327.jpg

voy_9_1037_-443x328.jpg

voy_9_1062_-297x217.jpg

voy_9_1069_-284x217.jpg

voy_9_1074_-299x213.jpg

voy_9_1082_-286x213.jpg

Drat! Here I am in Florida visiting family from Chicago as close as I'll ever get to the Smurf Cave, and the project has been taken away by its client, now owner. I'll only get to see this beauty in pictures. I suppose a guided tour of the Smurf Cave is out of the question because the work cribs are empty.

The Voyager looks outstanding. The over-the-top details are fantastic. The lighting effects really bring life to a finished model that started out as a barrel of styrene pellets. Thanks for sharing this project as it progressed so we can truly appreciate the work that has been so superbly accomplished.

Ed

Thanks guys, it was a lot of work, but the client is happy, and that's what matters. Indeed, the "Smurf Cave" is strangely quiet, barren, and closed up until next week. Taking some time off before I begin the LIS Chariot diorama project, next in line on the schedule.

Happy New Year everyone! :smiley20:

• 3 months later...
:smiley32: Amazing work my friend!!!.

Regards,

Rodolfo

Sorry, just noticed your comment Mr. Vasquez, thanks! :smiley20: