The Duke's Combat Art Aircraft Edition

Okay, here are some of my models that have some decent artwork on them. There ain't too many, but I hope you enjoy the ones I have here.

In aircraft, I have these with some nose art. Some of the angles and distance may make it a bit difficult to make out the nose art; my apologies. Here they are in no particular order:

USF86FSabreI_zps53513b9c.jpg

This one is pretty colorful, so I'm adding it here:

USF84ThunderjetI_zpsf093580e.jpg

This one has a nose art of a very pregnant Lucy on the nose. Hard to make out, but it's there. I like Peanuts so I had to use this decal:

USAC119Gunship_zpsecf9eebe.jpg

This one has the usual "Spectre" nose art. My father flew combat in these aircraft in the 'Nam, so I've seen this all my life:

USAC130UGunshiplt_zps3434f726.jpg

Here is a closeup of the nose art I added to a B-1 Lancer I built for a client:

USB1LancercomIV_zpsb41ba64f.jpg

Here's a Russian one with some nose art. Note the alligator on the side:

RussianTu-16BadgerII_zps795d0fbf.jpg

Another US one with a bat face. That decal went on so much more smoothly than I expected:

USB-25MitchellI_zps84969971.jpg

Here's a British Herc with some nose art:

BritishC130HHerculesI_zps8247e46c.jpg

One of my favorite aircraft since it is from the 33rd TFW at Eglin AFB where I used to live. The nose art says "Gulf Spirit" with an image of Florida. A star is superimposed on the map where Eglin is located. Note also, if you can; the three Iraqi kill markings above the map:

USF15CEagleTripleKill_zps0411a7fe.jpg

That is an old model I built over ten years ago. I really should try to do something to improve the decal appearance.

Moving on, here's a colorful one from the German AF, commemorating the 50th anniversary of the new Luftwaffe, I believe:

GermanRF4EPhantomIIImmelmennSpecialI_zps

GermanRF4EPhantomIIImmelmennSpecialII_zp

GermanRF4EPhantomIIImmelmennSpecialIII_z

Another colorful one; this time from Britain during the interwar years:

BritishHawkerDemonIV_zps419a70c2.jpg

I'm not sure this is artistic enough, but it sure looks sharp; it's a Canadian Voodoo:

CanadianCF101Voodoo_zps969c122f.jpg

Now, I'm not sure that shark mouths are included in this, but here are a few aircraft sporting such faces...

US Thunderchief, another of my favorite aircraft:

USF105GThunderchiefWildWeasel_zpsc582353

US A-10 Warthog:

USA10Warthog_zps9c47f025.jpg

British Vampire:

BritishDHVampireFB5I_zpsf72de591.jpg

British Phantom:

BritishF4CPhantomF1C.jpg

...and a Russian LaGG 5:

RussianLaGG5_zps3b0b658d.jpg

Speaking of shark mouths, I have this little guy. You can't see the shark mouth from this angle; but it's there under the cockpit:

USOH6ACayuseI_zps8fc376a8.jpg

I also don't know if this qualifies as artwork under this category either, but I'm adding it since it is quite colorful. I intended to make this with a simpler paint scheme, but my wife liked the horse on the tail, so I built it this way. It was one of the toughest paint/decal jobs I ever had to do!

BritishCH47Chinook-1.jpg

Now on to my armor since these Forums don't allow me to post everything in one Thread. Feel free to check them out as well....