A GOOD CV-6 Enterprise

Guest PetrolGator

Guest PetrolGator

Okay. Huge rant.

We have Arizonas, Bismarcks, and Iowas coming out of our ears. However, the only two kits I have seen for a 1/350 USS Enterprise were from Trumpeter and a resin kit pushing 400 bucks.

I picked up her 1/700 scaled down sister the other day. The hull shape is, frankly, awful. The Yorktown's graceful, tapered hull was a big reason why the Grey Ghost was one of the most nimble ships in the fleet. Trumpeter's kit has the hull of a tanker.

If I was building a water line kit, it would not be a big deal, but I like to bull full hull ships. Has there been any rumors of a retool or new kit being released?

Why hasn't this ship been more covered? Enterprise was the SOUL of the Pacific fleet. :smiley11:

The hull problem comes fgrom Trumpeter copying the Blue Water Resin kit (They boith have the same hull, and tankers had more graceful lines than the model, BTW)

The best solution is to combine the Trumpy & Waveline (Tamiya?) kits. Or get the new Tamiya 1/700 Yorktown if you want a newly retooled early war kit. The Waveline/Tamiya kits are both only waterline though, and you'd have to blend a cruiser bow into the "tanker" hull of the Trumpeter to get a decent full hull kit. You might be able to fill the Trumpeter bow lower hull with resin and match the hull lines of the Tamiya kit, too, with a boatload of sanding.

Either way, I agree with you that there is not a decent full hull Enterprise out there.

Edited by jcorley

Guest PetrolGator

There's a guy on modelwarships.com that tried to remedy the bow situation. It was.. unsuccessful.

I'd love to build some skill in scratch building...would be awesome. As of this moment, I'll do my best to make my 1/700 Hornet shine.

There's a guy on this forum who did a HECK of a job was a waterline Trumpy Enterprise, so it can be done!!