New TASCA M4A3E8 Sherman

RickC5

I picked up a new Tasca M4A3E8 Sherman kit at my local shop today (finally!). When I got home, I quickly cut the tape (no clear plastic film) and peeked inside.

I was surprised to see several parts with flash on them, which was totally unexpected! I have a couple of other Tasca kits, lots of newer Dragon and Tamiya kits too, and none of them have any flash. Granted, we're not talking a lot, but any at all was a shock with today's apparently flash-free technology. Strange....

Anyone else happen to notice this? Just curious.....

Rick,

Maybe you got a Monday or Friday kit. I have 6 Tasca Shermans in my stash and of the 4 that are opened, I don't think there is ANY flash on any of them. Are you going to build it in the near future?

Mark

Rick,

Maybe you got a Monday or Friday kit. I have 6 Tasca Shermans in my stash and of the 4 that are opened, I don't think there is ANY flash on any of them. Are you going to build it in the near future?

Mark

Ha! Yeah, that must be it. A bit too much sake or not enough. Either that or the mold has worn out already--doubtful? I have several queued up before I start the M4A3E8, but it's tempting to jump the queue. Actually, after I had already committed to buy one from our one-and-only hobby shop, I "discovered" my unfinished Dragon kit of the same tank--grrrrr. Oh well, it will be nice to compare the two kits, plus I REALLY want to see how Tasca does their "workable" track.