Me-262 from Pegasus Hobbies in 48th scale

jabow

I had a set of circa late 1980s Medallion Resins for the Monogram 262 that I was about to chunk of but decided to save them for this effort. The inboard slat was okay as is, but he two outboard ones had to be lengthened to fit this kit. Made 'em fit, by golly!! The two outboard slats took time to make look more like an airfoil, instead of a glob of resin. With a razor saw, plastic and CA, you can accomplish most any update.

Added cockpit and main gear wheel well detail, vacuformed a new canopy, which I masked with Tamiya Yellow tape. The Tamiya tape was OK but I liked the 3M Painter's Blue tape better. No residue to clean up!!

Used some filler on seams, probably shoulda used more, and painted exterior with Testor's acrylic, RLM 81, 83 over 76.

Getting the leading edge slants on took most of my time, the rest was very straight forward and fun!!

Again, if ya want try some new technique and don't wanna trash a high dollar Tamigawa/Trump kit, this IS the one for you!! And if your experiment is successful, you'll have a very good shelf sitter that ONLY your IPMS modeler buddies would know the difference!!

IPMS, this is a no-brainer for Make and Take!!

Bo Roberts

DSC01809.jpg

DSC01808.jpg

DSC01803.jpg

DSC01802.jpg

Looks great, Bo! I really like teh Pegasus line and the prices are terrific. A very fine job fo' sure. :smiley20:

Later,

Lee

P.S. If you have any other leftover MM stuff you are going to pitch let me know please.