Frankenstein's Creation

Roktman

This is another terrific kit that apparently has been in my stash for quite some time. Coming from the talented hands of John Dennett, it's a 1/3 scale bust  of Frankenstein's monster as described by Mary Shelley in her book. Investigating that I found him to have yellow watery eyes, a yellowish sking almost transparent enough to reveal the veins and arteries beneath, and long dark stringy hair.  
The natural starting point for me was a base of the yellow skin.
IMG_6136.jpg

Next was the tried and true method of making "something" under the skin and that was the squiggly lines of different colors. While that was drying I also staed work on the icy base with various blues.
IMG_6167.jpg

Next came my new favorite of adding detail, and that's to add Reikland FleshShade with the airbrush. At was enough for one day.
IMG_6184.jpg

Continuing on, was some dark Black Brown for the hair, and then roughly dry-brushed some cork brown on the dark blue gray jacket to simulate grave dirt. 😉 I went back and added some Woodland Senics snow to the iceberg and glued that in place

With the skin dried, I added color to all the little cuts and gouges he had including the scalpel cuts. Going back to the hair I went with the next lighter color brown for a few highlights. He was supposed to have really dark hair so I did my best to show the strands while keeping it dark. The eyeballs were already black, so I added the same yellow ochre for the iris, and then added beige to the sclera. Once dried both colors were lightened and then a black pupil was added with a cut toothpick.  The sutures were colored with V's Duraluminum and with that I was finished.

It was a very cool kit and a fun one to paint. Plus as someone else said not the same ol' Frankenstein.  Thanks for looking.
IMG_6272.jpg

IMG_6273.jpg

IMG_6274.jpg