The Duke's Number 880.....

Yes, that is right, this is being included in my 1/72 scale armor/vehicle collection because; despite being a civilian vehicle, it is a 1/72 scale Model A Ford. 

I only managed to get one semi-decent picture of this, despite numerous efforts for a clean, sharp shot. The base sort of helped get it this good. Here it is, the 1/72 scale Zebrano Ford Model A car:

full

Built out of the box, it was a delicate little thing; it only measures an inch and a quarter long.

Completed in early September it, now joins the collection of vehicles I have in 1/72 scale. Thanks for looking; comments are welcome.

On 10/12/2023 at 11:23 AM, Jmarc said:

YYYYYYYYYYes SIR ... That is super cool , in 1/72 , do they have a serie of old car ?

ACE does have a number of civilian cars; mostly 1930's era GAZ types from Russia that could pass for American cars (considering most all are based on Fords). Roden has a line of civilian buses, almost all of which I've completed. Attached are about a third of the miniature civilian cars and buses I've done in the past. The cars are generally between an inch and a quarter to two inches in length, the buses are between four to six inches each, except for the big Vomag bus, it's almost eight inches long.

British Type B Omnibus.jpg

German_Opel_Ludwig_Areo_Bus_I.jpg

Mercedes Type 770 Cabriolet I.jpg

Mercedes Type 770 Tourenwagen II.jpg

Vauxhall_D_Car_I.jpg

German_Vomag_7_Bus_I.jpg

German_Straasenzepp_Bus_I.jpg

You're welcome. Some of them have been difficult to build and paint. The results are quite pleasing to me and the fact that I have full collections of every kit released in 1/72 scale of some of these vehicles is very satisfying.

On 10/17/2023 at 5:28 PM, Mark Deliduka said:

You're welcome. Some of them have been difficult to build and paint. The results are quite pleasing to me and the fact that I have full collections of every kit released in 1/72 scale of some of these vehicles is very satisfying.

..I believe it , but tell me how many do you have in this area ? 

How many buses? Or how many vehicles all told; both civilian and military?

I have the entire Roden bus lineup built save one: the WWI pigeon bus used by the Signals corps. I'm hoping to get that one started soon.

I have almost all the ACE Russian built civilian-type vehicles and other civilian vehicles done except for the stakebed truck that I'm working on.

However, if you want to know how may 1/72 scale vehicles and armor I have, well, I have completed a grand total of 880 miniature vehicles in 1/72 scale, from the smallest motorcycle to the gigantic German Dora Railgun. The most recent pictures of this collection shows 807 of them on tables which were taken back in 2021

The next two pictures are from the 2021 IPMS Nationals in Las Vegas showing the collection from both ends. I had 820 models on their display tables.

Maybe someday soon I'll be able to post updated pictures once I reach 900 completed models.

807 Armor Models Feb 2021 V.jpg

2021 Nats Las Vegas 820 Models I.jpg

2021 Nats Las Vegas 820 Models II.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

LOL! Thank you guys! That collection is certainly still growing.

James, I did! They had reserved all the center tables for me at Vegas, not knowing how many I was going to need. They were most exceptionally accommodating allowing me to come in and set up the day before and pack up the day after. Otherwise, I would have missed almost the entire con trying to set up and take down.