Jeanne d'Arc

ajlafleche

Here is a resin bust of Jeanne d'Arc produced by FeR Miniatures. She's assembled from about 6 parts, with an optional right arm with sword. That optional arm is what sold me on the figure and MFCA in May, since the banner was well beyond my painting skills. Unfortunately, the blade was deformed and straightening it left gouges in the tip. Plan B: find some was to do the banner. I looked online and found several interpretations. One site sold the pattern for the icon, wording and fleurs de Lys which I bought and turned into decals. Her face and the banner are painted with Vallejo acrylics and the armor with AK Gen 3 acrylics: excellent stuff. The base is from Birch Tree Enterprise of Long Island.

Comment

IMG_9923.jpg

IMG_9925.jpg

IMG_9926.jpg

IMG_9927.jpg

IMG_9929.jpg

• Like 1

I have found the Maid of Orleans to be a problematic subject.  First, the models were not very good and she is a tough subject to paint.  I think  you've done the best I've seen.  She comes across having minimal makeup which creates a more reatistic and historic tone.  The subdued, desaturated color scheme only strengthens the impression.

A very, very good bust.