Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
802chrisg

USMC M1A1 ABRAMS Afganistan WIP

Recommended Posts

post-1267-0-04245400-1499211250_thumb.jpgpost-1267-0-04245400-1499211250_thumb.jpgpost-1267-0-67953400-1499211297_thumb.jpgpost-1267-0-40574800-1499211265_thumb.jpgpost-1267-0-62579900-1499211315_thumb.jpgpost-1267-0-03182000-1499211331_thumb.jpgpost-1267-0-50742200-1499211357_thumb.jpgpost-1267-0-42946300-1499211377_thumb.jpgpost-1267-0-20869600-1499211439_thumb.jpgRound two. WIP photos finally

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking really good, Chris! Is that an aftermarket barrel on the main gun or did it come with the kit? Any kind of upgrades to the kit you are going to do?

 

Bill

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

HI Bill,

 

Thanks for the great comments. The barrel is and aftermarket one from RB models. The kit barrel was two halves that you glued together. Big upgrade there. Other things that were done is I replaced the antenna mounts with brass ones from RB model. The tow cable on the back is from Eureka and I had to add with scrap PE the holding brackets on the side of the turret for it as the kit ones are molded onto the tow cable and meant to be in the stowed position. The Satellite antenna was scratch built as were the front fender springs. The kit fender springs were lacking in detail big time. Also I used lead foil ton the right front fender and mushed it up a bit to simulate damage. The commanders MG gun I replaced the barrel with a brass set and added the locking pin chains to it. The tow bar on the front was added also. The tracks will be replaced with a workable set from DEF models.

 

Chris

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...