1:72 P-40B DECALS (SHARK'S MOUTH AND IN THE RAF)

TGarthConnelly

I don't know how often you get to shows, but vendors areas might have some older decals that have what you're looking for. I know one of Microscale's first releases in 1/72 was a sheet of AVG P-40s, though that sheet is very hard to find today. However, 45yrs and several thousand decal sheets later, they (as Superscale) have re-released those markings on several different sheets over the years.

Shark mouth P-40s are one of THE most wanted schemes across the span of modeling history, and there are plenty of decals out there, even unused kit markings (the 1/72 Academy P-40B comes to mind). The only kink in the system is what is currently in print and easily available.

You might try putting a "decals Wanted" ad here and on Hyperscale's "plane trading" forum. Some 1/72 builder should be able to help you. As for me, I'm strictly a builder of 1/48 and larger....

Good luck, hope this helps!

GIL :smiley16:

Here's link to a page of images I found by Googling 1/72 P-4oB shark mouths. You'll have to click onto an individual image to see better if it's for 1/72 or not, as the results also include "other (1/48, etc) stuff, especially the farther down you scroll.

https://www.google.com/search?q=1/72+Shark+Mouth+P-40B+decals&biw=1580&bih=758&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiyjYLh7fzJAhUDwmMKHWjrDVMQsAQIGw

GIL :smiley16: