Tamiya F-15e

Angelthopher

Hello, I am just a new member and my dad has purchased this F-15E by Tamiya. Does anyone as a member have any feedback? Or any share wisdom that may be helpful. As you know I just posted my first built model with my father C-17A Globemaster III. I only glued the engine and painted the wheels. It took me and my dad 4 months to complete.. :smiley20:

Hello, I am just a new member and my dad has purchased this F-15E by Tamiya. Does anyone as a member have any feedback? Or any share wisdom that may be helpful. As you know I just posted my first built model with my father C-17A Globemaster III. I only glued the engine and painted the wheels. It took me and my dad 4 months to complete.. :smiley20:

If it's in 1/32nd scale it will take a while.

Careful with the cockpit/nose and fuselage fit and also watch for the intake interior.

The big Tamiya kits, except the F-16 and Zero; aren't shake and bake kits.

Actually, my experience on the three I built is the opposite- they take a while due to parts count but the fit is superb.

Only issue with the F-15E was the wings were a little sloppy to the fuselage but a little AVVEs and a wip[e and good to go. Lots of detail. Aftermarket is there if you want it like cokpit parts, etc.

I think I spent the better part of 6 months on each but it was a fun 6 months

Can't wait to see your build. Not sure what martking you are doing but I may have some extras.

Another good point, there are TONS of decals - the stenciling took about a week. They do offer rub on sets from Hobbydecal that are very nice and can't silver

Dave

If it's in 1/32nd scale it will take a while.

Careful with the cockpit/nose and fuselage fit and also watch for the intake interior.

The big Tamiya kits, except the F-16 and Zero; aren't shake and bake kits.

Thanks for your wisdom..

Actually, my experience on the three I built is the opposite- they take a while due to parts count but the fit is superb.

Only issue with the F-15E was the wings were a little sloppy to the fuselage but a little AVVEs and a wip[e and good to go. Lots of detail. Aftermarket is there if you want it like cokpit parts, etc.

I think I spent the better part of 6 months on each but it was a fun 6 months

Can't wait to see your build. Not sure what martking you are doing but I may have some extras.

Another good point, there are TONS of decals - the stenciling took about a week. They do offer rub on sets from Hobbydecal that are very nice and can't silver

Dave

My dad has been purchasing some edward parts via ebay. I think his trying to buy the exterior part etched for it. He has been outbid many times. He has no plan yet when to start, but I guess this coming fall/winter.