HOBBY BOSS 2012

borodarus

Colleagues. Participate in the online contest "HOBBY BOSS 2012". Modelers of all countries unite. 1st stage piston aircraft 1/48, the helicopters 1/72.Stage 2 jet aircraft 1/48, jet aircraft 1/72, AFV 1|48.

http://www.modelistbarnaul.com/news/konkurs_hobby_boss_2012_nachalsja/2012-07-01-233

35-1.jpg

3522222222.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Now let's look at the delegation of the jury. We conducted a blitz poll and present to you the answers, and you can learn from their work.

The first representative of this famous and uncompromising kagorty.

from Spain, Jose Luis Lopez Ruiz.

Question:1)How long are you in hobby?

Аnswer:1) My father was a modeller ... so .... :). Anyway, I started seriously to make AFV kits on 2008.

Question:2) What your family (relatives) think about your passion?

Аnswer2):I can say that my wife is happy because I stay at home making kits instead having beers with my friends!

Question:3) What was your first kit?

Аnswer:3) Not sure but probably a 1/72 aircraft from Matchbox... may be the Skyhawk?

Question:4) Do you have a local club in your city?

Аnswer:4) Not actually, but I belong to a modeller mafia gang called "Panzetakorps". A chaotic but wonderful group of friends!

Question:5) Have you taken part in contest?

Аnswer:5) I used to take part on contest, but actually, I don´t cause the economic crisis. Watching models "on live" is the best way to learn. I really encourage modellers to go to constest and enjoy of the works "on live". And, of course, participation is a way to motivate yourself but not obligatory!

Question:6) What do you think about the contest?

Аnswer:6) Any chance to share modeller´s works on line is always welcome! And for me, it´s very exciting meeting the works from Russian modellers. Watching the works of the participants, I can say that there´s a Russian´s Way of modelling VERY interesting.

Question:7) Would you participate in it? (why, why not?)

Аnswer:7)I love to participate in contest but not on on-line contest. Why? Because the pictures we make to our kits not always shows our kits in the right way. A wrongly choosen background, an incorrect illumination, a missregulation of the camera.... can spoil and hide a good work. And, in the other way, a mediocre kit can look impressive using photosolve or any other programs. So, it´s much more complicated to jugde or analyze a kit unless they are professional photos taken with cameras that are not always available to everyone.

Question:8) What do you think about our motto http://contest.ucoz.com/Modellers of all countries - unite!

Аnswer:8) Quite successful! A great idea. Internet is the real revolution for modelers. Now we have access to the works of modellers around the world!

Question:9) Your wishes to participants of the contest and website?

Аnswer:9)´d love to transmit them the same concept that a great modeller told me 4 years ago. Find your way copying your favorite modeller´s work. Once you master the basic techniques and materials, kit by kit, explore and found your own way of modelling. And always finish your kits altough the result is bad. You´ll only learn finishing kits. So, let´s do a lot of kits!. And, for the website .... keep on the good work! And thank you for the effort!

JoseLuisLopez.jpg

Enigma.jpg

148Kits.jpg

135Lanchester.jpg

135KingTiger.jpg

Edited by borodarus

Sven-Åke Grufstedt from Sweden.

Аnswer:1)I have been modelling on and off for the past 30 years but the last 7 years has been the most productive.

Аnswer:2)Well as long as I do what I'm supposed to do regarding the family they have no objections at all, in fact my wife likes it because it keeps me at home.

Аnswer:3)Hard question, I think it was one of those Matchbox aeroplanes that came in a plastic bag.

Аnswer:4)Yes we do have a club where I live, it's called C4 and they are the organizers of the largest model contest in Sweden each year in October.

Аnswer:5) Yes, both in Sweden and internationally.

Аnswer:6) I think it is a great initiative, giving people a chance to compete without having to travel. It might also inspire those who attend this competition to attend "real" competitions later.

Аnswer:7) It would be fun to do so, although I'm a slow builder I might not finish in time

Question:8) What do you think about our motto http://contest.ucoz.com/Modellers of all countries - unite!

Аnswer:8) With the Internet the world has become smaller and it is so easy to find people with the same interests now days and by hosting competitions like this people from all over the world get together and learn to know eachother.

Аnswer:9) I wish all the contestants very good luck both in this competition and in future events and I also would like to say that I have enjoyed this competition and all the models very much!!!

0193573.jpg

9467188.jpg

9263196.jpg

8700172.jpg

3045007.jpg

Vladimir Yashin Russia Federation.

Answer:1) I started modeling as a kid with old carton and DDR-made models.

Answer2) Most of them support my hobby

Answer:3) Can’t recall that. My parents bought me many models in childhood. The most bright impression was DDR-made Tu-133 and 30th scale tanks made by Ogonjok factory (USSR)

Answer:4) Yes, we have several groups of modelers in Novosibirsk

Answer:5) I do that regularly, both online and “live”

6) Have you built Hobby Boss kits?

Yes, right now I’am working on Sd.Kfz.254

7) What do you think about the contest?

Contests are always great! Will take part in next competition for sure!

9) What do you think about our motto http://contest.ucoz.com/Modellers of all countries - unite!

I agree with it, we are so few in the world and regular discussions with friends all over the world are important.

10) Your wishes to participants of the contest and website?

New interesting kits from manufacturers, plenty of time for modeling and inspiration.

395230_277065975742346_840658048_n.jpg

ostfront-570x427.jpg

005-570x426.jpg

020-570x424.jpg

023-570x426.jpg

Edited by Zm1y

Roman Volchenkov Norway .

Answer:1) Started when I was a kid but then took a long break until final return into "serious" modelling 2 years ago

Answer:2) They appreciate it and admire. I often discuss with my wife the nuances of painting or assembly as well as work of other modellers. My oldest daughter likes to see what's inside the kit's box and often asks which part is for what and if it is a tank or truck, etc.

Answer:3) I think it was Jak-3 or similar aircraft in 72 scale. I don't recall the brand it was just in a plastic bag. I was 9 and assembled it with my father as a present for classmate.

Answer:4) No

Answer:5) Yes, online competitions on facebook, dishmodels.ru, track-link.net and others. "Live" competitions in Sweden and Norway.

Answer:6) I think it is a great idea to build kits of the same manufacturer.

Answer:7) Unfortunately I don't have time for that due to main job and writing modelling articles for magazines in the sparetime.

Question:8) What do you think about our motto https://contest.ucoz.com/ Modellers of all countries - unite!

Answer:8) Great motto, our hobby has no borders and different languages are not a problem with the help of google.translate.

Answer:9) I wish the website to host new interesting contests and many participants and for the modellers - keep developing your skills (build, paint and taking images)!

408271_4523314684613_993360552_n.jpg

s6405556.jpg

s8574155.jpg

s6032367.jpg

s6592073.jpg

s0134280.jpg

Edited by Zm1y

• 2 weeks later...

Well I can tell. The first phase ended. Judges work. In the first stage was 85 modelers from Russia, Ukraine, Czech Republic, Poland, USA, Sweden, Argentina and any more. Meanwhile, the first models of the modelers came the second stage:

Nomination Armour 48.

1 Work - from Poland:

95046307.jpg85760695.jpg [img ] http://contest.ucoz..../0/21664206.jpg [/img]

2 work - from the Czech colleagues:

00454651.jpg34845671.jpg74629328.jpg

3 work - Russian modeller.

75662983.jpg15801479.jpg19956007.jpg

Edited by Zm1y

Result of 1'st stage of contest:

1 Stage AFV 1/35:

2039603.jpg

1 Stage Propeller's aviation 1/48:

7330462.jpg

1 Stage Helicopters 1/72:

2618807.jpg

Comments from Judges:

very nice build with lots of attention to detail.

I love the fact that the builder provided some construction photos, it really shows the quality of the builders technique when it comes to the small PE parts and other details on the vehicle. The paintjob is very good and so is the weathering which is subtile but effective. The variation in colour of the mud and dust is very realistic and the mud spatter is a nice effect also. In conclusion a model that has been worked on for many hours and I must say that all the work has paid off.

s6040057.jpg

It's so strange that it's beautiful...

I love everything about this model, from the shape of this monster to the excellent workmanship of the builder. It's from what I can see of the pictures a very well constructed model and the paintjob is very nice indeed. What made me decide that this was the winner was the very realistic weathering which is absolutely great, it looks and feels like real mud and dirt and everything is logically placed too. Although it's not packed full of details like the other builds it still has the look and feel of something real. I would have been very proud if I could produce something like this. Well done!

s5641000.jpg

A very unique vehicle with an even more unique paintjob.

The vehicle is very well built. I like the fact that some parts are movable and can be positioned in different ways. The choice of colours for the camo is very good and the colors work very well together. Flashy but still subtile. The weathering is good, scratches and chips are well done and also the mud spatter is nice. The mud is a bit monotone and could have had a bit more contrast and variation in it's colour so it wouldn't look flat. Overall a very nice model that the builder should be very proud of.

s2837071.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Troubatchev Alexei/Трубачев Алексей

Ukraine, Kiev / Украина, Киев

23922892.jpg

36671114.jpg

75160117.jpg

František Smolka

Bosnia and Gertsigovina / Босния и Герцеговина

93660903.jpg