I am looking for a roommate for the National Convention. I will be coming into San Marcos on Wednesday 2 August and leaving right after it ends on the following Saturday. I will be willing to share in the room costs and can forward an advance to you right away. Please let me know ASAP.

Thank you.

Bob

• 3 weeks later...

I just made reservations for a hotel in San Marcos. It's a single room with just me. If anyone still wants me for a roommate, they have until 30 July, when I can cancel my reservation at the hotel. Feel free to contact me if you are interested.

Bob

Check out AirBnB if you want to save some money on a place to stay. You can rent rooms in houses for much less than the cost of a hotel.

At the 2022 national convention in Omaha, I rented a room in a house for $40 per night. It was a nice house and I was free to come and go as I please. And the old lady that rented it out was also an unofficial Uber. For $5 per trip she would take me to the convention, and pick me up.

That ride thing probably won't happen again, but it sure was convenient.

21 hours ago, ctruss53 said:

Check out AirBnB if you want to save some money on a place to stay. You can rent rooms in houses for much less than the cost of a hotel.

At the 2022 national convention in Omaha, I rented a room in a house for $40 per night. It was a nice house and I was free to come and go as I please. And the old lady that rented it out was also an unofficial Uber. For $5 per trip she would take me to the convention, and pick me up.

That ride thing probably won't happen again, but it sure was convenient.

Chad,

Thanks for the tip. I did go on AirBnB and did find a room that was cheaper than the hotel room I reserved. I will cancel the hotel reservation and go with the bed and breakfast. It's only about a 5-minute drive from the convention venue.

Bob 

3 hours ago, rdelaney said:

Chad,

Thanks for the tip. I did go on AirBnB and did find a room that was cheaper than the hotel room I reserved. I will cancel the hotel reservation and go with the bed and breakfast. It's only about a 5-minute drive from the convention venue.

Bob 

Thats great news.

My family is coming down to the convention with me. We rented a whole 3 bedroom house on AirBnB for less than the hotel rooms at the convention.  haha