M Class Light Cruiser KMS Munich in 1/72 scale 1938.

Haratiofales

Hello to all I'm new to this forum, however excited to join. I am a Military veteran of both the U.S. Navy, and U.S. Army. I was stationed aboard 2 Aircraft Carriers as a Jet engine mechanic, and in several Tank and field artillery units over 18 years. I have studied aero dynamics, and aircraft design in college, and have studied war history along with building models of all kinds since the age of 5.

I have done several projects of scratch building and kit alteration projects over the years and I am currently working on about 3 separate projects right now. The biggest project is a Light Cruiser that Germany started construction on in 1938 and planed to have finished in 1940. There are a few sources that I have found that suggest that she might have been named for the city of Munich, so I have decided to use that on the project.

the first thing I have done to start the project is to scale the plans. That took a little bit of time and math but I scaled them out on my drafting table and printed them at Kinko's with their poster printer. The deck lay out for the main deck comes to 8 feet, 8 and a quarter inch from stem to stern.

post-2609-0-54232400-1389599852_thumb.jpg

post-2609-0-60138100-1389600006_thumb.jpg

Guest PetrolGator

Eldan,

You could count me in as interested in these resin ships. I've always been a big fan of obscure classes. Please keep posting pictures of this build.

Will do, I need to ask though, it won't let me post any more and has restricted the size to 20 kb. every pic I posted used up size allowance? It also will not let me view my own photo's on the post after I have posted them. I am writing a book about the design history and classed of the Z plan ships. The Germans started building 5 of them, but didn't get very far. They ended up using the steel for more submarines and tanks.