1/32 FJ-4 Fury

ghodges

This is a link to an o-l-d build I submitted to Large Scale planes years ago. They happened to repost it today under "Blast from the past". It's a 1/32 FJ-4 Fury made from the old ID vac kit. It was a project similar to the P-3, though not as extensive! If you enjoyed any part of the P-3 build, you might enjoy looking at this one too.

http://www.largescaleplanes.com/articles/article.php?aid=224

The only other thing of note is that this model had the honor of spending a year at the Naval Air Museum in P-cola as the "Curator's Pick", after winning that award at a contest there. Guess it just goes to prove that I've been a plastic masochist for decades!

GIL :smiley16:

Gil,

Your skills with vac-u-form aircraft models is absolutely AWESOME. I'd love to watch you work through one with a step-by-step instructions on your techniques. If I lived near you I'd probably bug you to death. :-)

BYW - Did you ever consider doing a Seminar Vac-U-Form Techniques at a National Convention? I'd be on the front row!

BTW #2 - I also have one of the first vac-U-form kits (from he late 60's(?). t was a P-40(B?) kit from England. It consisted of a fuselage and canopy to be mated with other parts from the old Revel 1/72 kit.

Thanks for sharing your superb models.

Looking forward to seeing you again at a National.