A picture posting problem.

As a user of photobucket for all of my posts up to now, everything was working fine. I tried usung the "new and improved" version of Photobucket for the first time the last few days. I could not load anything on to the site. So now I am using "Shutterfly" for my uploads. When I tried posting some pictures a little while ago, the pictures downloaded onto the post area like they should have. I wrote out some snappy and insightful comments about the pictures and attempted to post the new banter. I then received the following: "You are not allowed to use that image extension on this community". I am just wondering what this means? Does IPMS not support Shutterfly, or are there other things going on? Are there any work-arounds or what.

Left with tales to tell.

Bill

I have to report receiving a large number of red X icons instead of photos when I open a thread on this forum that contains both small and large numbers of pictures. I agree with Bill that the images I try to load from Photobucket sometimes require two or three tries. Just commenting ...

Ed

Bill,

Not to sound rude but your pictures are REALLY small. when you click on them, they still stay the same size.

Mark,

That is the problem I was having with photo bucket. I can't get the pictures to load correctly. Their new site stinks as far as i'm concerned. I can't even get into my pictures on the site anymore. The problem I am having now is with shutterfly. I posted the pictures (nice large ones) from Shutterfly in the topic box and added a few comments on them. When I tried to post the reply, a comment box came up with the following in it: "You are not allowed to use that image extension on this community". I cancelled the post and posted something in this forum to find out what that means.

See, size still matters.

Bill

Bill and Eric,

The oness I am referring to are the "Unarmed and unafraid". When you click on the picture it does not get larger. It is about the size of a thumbnail. I personally went back to the OLD photobucket format as I was having too many problems trying to save pictures off of other peoples pages (IPMS/USA Events pictures) and have not had a problem since I switched.

Eric,

I have a picture I tried posting in the aircraft section right now under Voodoo. It's sitting there with test post by it. The error message is on it also. All of the pictures previously on the post are from photobucket so it's not like I don't know how to post anything. I realize in the "Unarmed and Unafraid" section those were thumbnails from Photobucket. I couldn't open the images to post them as before for some reason. That is why I went to shutterfly. If anyone can tell me how to get into the old photobucket maybe that would work. Everytime I hit the line item on the screen that says to do so, the site freezes up.

So if you just go into the Aircraft/Voodo section now there is a picture in the netherworld waiting to be posted...I think.

Hope this helps.

Bill

Well that didn't work. When you hit post, the error message comes up, so you cant post the picture. I'm getting really peaved about this (from both sides). I can't show the picture to post because of the error message, so you can't post anything because of this.

"You are not allowed to use that image extension on this community". This is what keeps coming up in an error box. What does this mean???

It looks like the new Beta Photobucket has broken the IMG thumb code option as it no longer contains the thumbnail linked to the image in the PB gallery..

Which would look like...

[url=http://s1013.photobucket.com/albums/af251/eric_aitala/?action=view&current=644676-R1-00-25.jpg]

[img=http://i1013.photobucket.com/albums/af251/eric_aitala/th_644676-R1-00-25.jpg][/url]

And render like...

th_644676-R1-00-25.jpg

Eric

I was able to return to the original Photobucket with the help of my teen daughter. I guess you just have to go with whomever can get the job done. She was able to get into the system in just a couple of steps.

Thanks for everybodies help here, guys. I really do appreciate the different avenues you told me to take or try. And also for you trying them so you could help me out.

Also, thanks Kelly (my daughter) for going the simple route to figure a way around.

Bill

PS...All she did was use a different browser, ie from Yahoo to Google Chrome to get into Photobucket. Too simple.

Cool. I love the simple answers. I use Mozilla Firefox myself and so far have not had any other issues with my Photobucket account. That is after the first ones; but I think it was still in beta at the time.