More Revell SAMs

Ron Bell

Here are two more Revell SAMs, the Bomarc and Talos. I always thought the Bomarc was particularly cool. I replaced the flying surfaces as by the time I sanded off all the molded in decal placements, rivets et. al. I could see through them they were so thin.

DSCN2817.jpg

DSCN2819.jpg

DSCN2818.jpg

Similarly with the Talos, except I even had to replace the missile's fuselage with some styrene tubing. The fins were made to be moveable so there were these big cylinders the fins fit in to rotate that just didn't fit well. The nose and rocket motor ends fit perfectly, however. It's unique in that it's the only one of all the missile kits that is not on a launcher. It sits on what I assume is a maintenance rack. Its painted as it would have been in later life, as a target drone. The Talos also has the distinction of being the only SAM to get two a/c with one missile. Off Nam, one went right through the first MIG and detonated near a second. Now who's a target, eh, aircraft guys?

DSCN2814.jpg

DSCN2816.jpg

DSCN2815.jpg

Unusual, cool, and colorful are he words that spring to mind! I never built these kits, though they were plentifully around when I first started building in the 60's. It's great to see them brought up to snuff!

GIL :smiley16:

Both are done very well....and I trust you'll keep cranking out these Golden Oldies!

What you see is what I got in the kit. I did not replace the nose piece. I've seen a photo of another completed kit and it, too, does not have those antennae.