Revell Nike Ajax and Hercules

Ron Bell

In keeping with my memory lane modeling, I started a collection of Revell anti-aircraft missile kits of the 50's. Most have been re-released in various forms over the years with the exception of the Terrier. More on that later.

Here's the first installment, the Nike Ajax and Hercules. Seen in many a 50's low budget sci-fi movie. The Revell logo and other signs are from the full display.

DSCN2798.jpg

DSCN2799.jpg

DSCN2800.jpg

DSCN2801.jpg

Edited by Ron Bell

Nice pair? Not the kind of thing one guy says to another.

With the exception of the "concrete' bases, they are OOTB.

As to clean up, I had to use a snow shovel to remove all the plastic shavings and sanding dust from my work area after I was done.

These are classics and its always great to see someone do such a good job on them! Have you tried the Snark and Bomarc?

Yes. I did the Snark some time ago in SAC markings. Also did the Redstone in OD. Both have been sold off however. The Bomarc makes an appearance in one of the next installments along with the Hawk, Talos and Terrier.

Very cool SAM's, Ron. I built the Herc awhile back and have been waiting for the Ajax to get re-popped. Even with all of the cleanup on them, they really make up into an interesting and different kind of armor piece .

Great job.

Bill