2004 Ferrari F1

The Revell kit OTB Tayima rattle can finish, (tires cracked in the heat of my garage}

DSC_5562.jpg

Another great build by an aircraft guy! Make the cracked tires work for you. Create a pit diorama where the car is on jacks and the crew is starting to remove the bad tires with the new ones on the ground next to the old ones at each corner of the car.

Ed

Looks great. The Revell is 1/24, right?

MH

Yes it is. The worst part was fixing the seam that runs right across the radiator air intakes. The decals are a lot easier than they look. This was my first Formula car model and was the result of a weekend at Laguna Seca raceway. I was there for the vintage car racing and when the F styles cars did there laps it was awesome. Just had to build one. Come to find out they (race cars and aircraft) share a lot of common technology. Thanks for the post.

There's a lot to compliment on this kit. Decals, paint, overall construction... Too bad about the tires though. I've not seen that happen before.

1:24 scale F1's are so wierd to me having built more than one 1:20 F1 car. It's like it is too small but clearly it is just a different scale. Revell's way of being themselves and not doing every thing like the competition. I can respect that!

but I digress, Great Job. Thanks for sharing.

Actually, 1:20th was the 'weird' choice made by Tamiya because they felt that they could not produce 1:24th scale kits without making the suspension pieces too fragile. With 1970s injection molding this was probably the case, but things have advanced a great deal. Fortunately we now have both Hasegawa and Fujimi producing new 20th scale F1 cars, along with Revell DE's 24th scale.

Pity Tamiya seems to have given up on making new F1 kits - I have heard no rumors for quite some time.

Eric

Not really a big F1 fan anymore, but that doesnt mean I cant appreciate a well built replica. Looks great.

Raisin

Thanks Raisin, thats a real boost coming from a talented car builder.