A couple of fun builds

Here are photos of two British aircraft that I built for fun. The first is a Spitfire PR Mk. VII (sort of). It has the markings of 140 Squadron, RAF Benson, Oxfordshire, April 1942. Our club had a "Pink" theme contest and I had less than a week to go. I took one of the Revell snap-together prepainted kits. I glued it together, cleaned up the joints, sprayed it silver to cover the paint, painted it pink, added an IP and pilot seat plus some decals from the spares box.

Spitfire-pink.jpg

The second is a Spitfire from the Emir of Khemedi's Air Force. The airplane is from The Adventures of Tintin - Land of Black Gold. I used an old Matchbox kit and some Blue Rider decals. A British airplane from a British comic strip should qualify the model.

Spitfire-Tin.jpg

NIce efforts both. You could paint a Spit with mud and it would still be elegant looking. (Not that yours look like they're painted with mud. Quite the contrary.) And cudos on using the Matchbox kit. Easy to get a wash in those panel lines, eh?

One thing, however, Tin Tin is not a British comic stip. I think it's Belgian or French. I know it's written in French and then translated, but all those little countries over there blend together after a while so I'm not sure which it is.

I also chose a Spitfire to build for fun. Well, its a SeaFire but it could pass as a Spitfire....

Img_1063.jpg

Img_1064.jpg

Nice work, Clare! Best,

Mark Fiedler(aAzZ09)

One thing, however, Tin Tin is not a British comic stip. I think it's Belgian or French. I know it's written in French and then translated, but all those little countries over there blend together after a while so I'm not sure which it is.

You're right Ron. Looking at the copyright on my book, it lists Belgium for the artwork although the text is copyrighted in the UK. I should have know from the left hand drive vehicles. And Yes, it is easy to get a wash into the panel lines from Matchbox.