Xuron Cutters Are The Best.

MainelyRick

I totally agree with Dave's just-posted review (2-8-09) of the Xuron sprue cutters. I've tried some other brands and they would dull quickly, bind, bend and other problems. Buying Xuron cutting tools is like buying good paint brushes. They last a lot longer and stay in good shape much, much longer.

Also good, Xuron stuff is made in the USA, and even better, made right here in Maine.

No, I don't work for Xuron. They are 3-1/2 hours away.

I'm especially interested because of the thinner, sharper tips. Looks like they will get into tighter spots on smaller parts, and that's just what I need. IPMS once more gives us info we need!

GIL :smiley16:

Guys:

First a big thanks to Gerald at Hawkeye- he helped design them. The new ones are worlds above the old ones. I swear some compaines anymore are tryig to see just how thin and tiny they can make parts. These work great on those parts

Dave

Been using Xuron for years.

Me too but...

My first sprue cutter's rivet joint loosened to the point it wouldn't give clean cuts. I bought another at a model contest and tried to contact Xuron on how to return the first cutter as they're guaranteed for life. No one has responeded to my requests to date. The newer cutter has a built-in offset as designed and doesn't work nearly as well as the original cutter. So, I'm looking for something different...

Frank