German armored train, new and improved!

Mark Deliduka

I know I showed this on my Works in progress Thread, but I don't really know who will see it there, so I thought I'd post this here.

I decided to pull out my German Panzerzug BP-44 Armored Train to apply some more weathering to it using some of the techniques I learned on the Russian Armored Train.

Engine and tenders:

German_Panzerzug_BP_44_Improved_I.JPG

Geschutswagens and Kommandowagens:

German_Panzerzug_BP_44_Improved_II.JPG

Artilleriewagens:

German_Panzerzug_BP_44_Improved_III.JPG

Panzertraegerwagens and Panzerjaagerwagens:

German_Panzerzug_BP_44_Improved_IV.JPG

I may not have put a deep enough wash on this, but let me know what you guys think.

Thanks all, Comments are very welcome.

I like the way it looks! Course I had to put on my optivsor to see something soooooooooooooooooooo small in the first place!!!!

Thanks Mark! Be sure to bring that Optivisor to the Colorado nationals since this train is going to be there with several others......including the Dora! You'll be able to get a first-hand look in person!

Well Ed, at least I know it works! LOL!

• 4 months later...

Thanks Kevin! Fortunately this was all in two kits, yet the price darn near killed me! This beastie is over six feet long, so I can imagine what a 1/35th scale one would look like!

I've also done a Russian Armored Train as well. I have two more in the lineup.

Thanks again for the great reply.

Sorry for the late reply, I just saw this. Thanks for that link; I would love getting that book too. I do have two other Squadron-type books on armored trains that were a big help with this model. At least picture-wise that is; one of them was written in Polish and I don't read or understand it. I have two more Russian armored trains to do; hopefully I can get them done soon.