"What If" IDF Hetzer

Mark Aldrich

With the minor disaster of the BergeHetzer I started the Regular one. Academy makes a sweet little Late Hetzer.

100_6108.jpg

100_6109.jpg

Looking forward to this one.

Been contemplating an Israeli Panther if they had updated it like they did the Shermans.

These were posted on whatifmodeler several years ago and give some ideas.

panthers.jpg

Edited by philp

It was kinda funny!They bought the Avia and loads of MG34s. However, the sticker price on the ST-1 (Czech Hetzer) was too expensive. Can you image how different the War Of Independence might have turned out if the IDF had 16 of these little monsters running around the battlefield?

Might actually end up with three! The Bergehetzer (that started all this), this one, and a export version with IMI 60mm hyper-velocity gun, Diesel engine, smoke launchers and maybe even Blazer Armor.

• 2 weeks later...

Looking good so far.

Would you consider the look of the Czech version gun?

P8186684.JPG

P8186777.JPG

Edited by philp

Nice pics! That's a G-13 and I ordered one from Mr. Modelbau! If it ever arrives, I will probably do an IMI export version.

• 3 weeks later...

No picture updates! Plan on dullcoating it this Staurday. I am using ModelKasten track and so far have been impressed. It does not appear that I have glued any links permanetly to each other. It is a slower process than Fruilmodel and I might have to fiddle as these were not made for the Academy kit.

• 3 weeks later...

Homeward Stretch! Needs a headlight, gloss the scopes, antenna needs to be re-attached, need to figure out the tow cables. They will not attach the way they are currently configured and I need to find a Commander figure, I should have closed the hatch!

100_6347.jpg

100_6350.jpg

100_6349.jpg

100_6348.jpg

Looking good Mark.

Are you still going to mount the .50?

Nice job, Mark.

I don't really build armor...only a couple of pieces in 50 years. But I really like the Hetzer, it has some cool lines.

Are you going to keep it clean or weather it up? It looks nice as it is.

Bill

• 2 weeks later...

Looks the part Mark.