New Mak Tooling From Hasegawa

kptucker

For those who remember this line (MaK), Hasegawa is going to issue their first release:

Pkf.85 FALKE

The kit features new tooling and a full interior.

I received the pre-order email from Dragon Online and they included a few more

photos than what was on Hasegawa's website.

Antigravity Armored Fighter/Pkf. 85

I'm sure that your local hobby shop or internet hobby shop will have the kit soon.

Pardon my ignorance, but I have seen kits very similar to this before and I'm not really sure what the deal is - they all seem to have naming conventions similar to WWII German armor - it's interesting because they look like something you would see out of a fturistic Sci Fi series but with WWII Era German camo schemes - are these from a particular T.V. Show or a comic book series, or what...

are these from a particular T.V. Show or a comic book series, or what...

Mike,

This offering is from the series that used to be called SF3D from the mind of Kow Yokoyama.

Basic info:

Wiki MaK info

This modeler's work is excellent (in my opinion) and a good source of reference:

MaK dude

And even more reference:

Another MaK dude

The kits used to be produced by Wave/Nitto. Hobby Link Japan was a big supplier of these.

There was also a large amount of garage resin kits produced that would show up on the 'bay.

I had heard a year or so ago that Hasegawa had entered into a licensing agreement so it should be

interesting to see what they produce past this kit.

Hope this helps...

• 2 weeks later...

I just wished they would get someone more fluent in English to translate the storyline. I remember building one of these kits (Fireball) that I bought from Squadron during one of their closeout flyer sales. If I had know the quality back then, I would have bought one of each type. It was neat to identify regular model parts that were used to make some of the kits. I remember seeing 1/48 scale OH-1 bodies as the armored torso and some of the detail parts were the round machine gun magazines from Tamiya's SAS Jeep.

Ma.K Story 2882-2885

An event was happened to change the conventional war situation greatly on June 15, 2883. It is an appearance of "AFS" (Armored Fighting Suit). "AFS" has brought a totally new tactics concept which gave a big military gains by the battle of each place. In these days, the survival of the employing mercenaries became rare in the earth armed forces and in the name of Mercenary Troops Arms, it changed in the armed forces which were gradually constituted on the earth by the draft or an applicant and gradually fixed the appearance of the earth official army from an original state in confusion.

But Strahl Defence Force developed a new weapon against "AFS" in sequence and spent it and reinforced a contingent for them to protect their own country rights and interests on the earth.

As a result, this war became the history that the both armed forces competed for new weapon development endlessly.

I like this one, nice that they are matching the common military scale too:

MKluna.JPG