new to the site

WesR

I'm getting back into modeling after years of not working on any, i did some in college in the late 90s but it kind of fell to the side. I used to read about the IPMS in Finescale modeler all the time and I think a few guys that are part of the local modeling group are members. I usually stick to science fiction but am spreading my interests into replicated some vehicles from video games that are either real life or based on real life machines.

I'm a little of everything. I started out with Trek and Star wars kits in the 90s before anime kits caught on then I moved on to those but the nearest hobby shop is a 2 hour round trip so i settled for what I could get. In college I got more anime kits since it was popular and a lot of places in Pittsburgh had them. Now i'm just going to do whatever catches my fancy I think since I don't have a lot of room.

I'm sure I'll be bugging you guys for help fixing things on kits as I know the one B29 i have on the way the cowlings probably aren't accurate.

You guys have already been a big help. Had a minor setback as i was hoping to rework some of my dad's models from when he was a teen (we're talking early 60s stuff) but we must have gotten rid of them. I wanted to practice before I started on my new kits so friday i have to go get a 8.00 testors Corsair.