The Duke's Latest Aircraft

Mark Deliduka

Hey all,

I tried my best to make this one look good, but it is a Roden aircraft after all. This is my Roden 1/72 scale Antonov An-12 Cub that I was finally able to finish when Squadron sent me my canopy.

Check it out:

Russian_An_12_Cub_I.JPG

Russian_An_12_Cub_II.JPG

I took these pics at Orangecon. It was the only place I had space to place this for finished pics!

Thanks for looking in, comments are welcome.

Looks good Mark. Always liked this bird but the kit is, you said it, it is Roden. I have had little luck with their armor.

But you made it look good.

I don't see what the big problem is......Looks perfectly fine to me. Perhaps you're differentiating between a "contest" model and a "shelf sitter"? Congrats on battling the beast! Anyone can build Tamigawavellogram kits! :D

GIL :smiley16:

Nice work Duke. You deserve an applause.

Mark Fiedler (aAzZ09)

• 6 years later...

New to the IPMS and I found your post reading through the messages. I tackled the Cub back in 2011. I feel your pain on that beast. Mine sits next to a Canadian CC-130 in UN markings. See pix attached.

Joe R

20181027_155754~2.jpg

20181027_155831~2.jpg

20181027_155848~2.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Wow Joe, that is one remarkable Cub! I made mine in military dress since I knew I was going to have a hard enough time getting it built, much less painted that well. I commend you on sch an incredible aircraft.

And thanks to everyone else who commented. For some reason I hadn't had this thread set to notify me of responses. That's been remedied.

Thank you for the positive responses! This Roden An-12 kit was a "Filling Nightmare! Nothing fit, the for and aft fuselage sections were a 1/16" off from each other! The engine nacelles fit was from another planet. This was one of those kits I built more to show it who was boss then anything. Oh, and the decals, there weren't enough stripes for the whole fuselage on both sides, . I am also a model railroader, so i found some Santa Fe blue locomotive stripes that matched and that saved the day. But, I must agree, that the finished Cub was a very nice looking transport aircraft and it is a real attention getter because of it uniqueness.

Joe.