Exceptions to my usual "0 for_?_" Nationals Entries

I have a total of six to show here.

1994 Omaha - 1st - Automotive - "A tribute to suffering wives" - 1/32 1969 Chevy Nova

Nationals19941.jpg

[10 years later]: 2004 Phoenix - 2nd - Dioramas - Icarus from "Planet of the Apes" after crash in lake

Nationals20041.jpg

[1 year later]: 2005 Atlanta - 2nd & OOB - Ships - 1/700 Soviet Omsk

Nationals20051.jpg

[5 years later]: 2010 Phoenix - 3rd - Aircraft (split) - 1/144 Boeing 737-100 conversion

Nationals20101.jpg

[and]: 2010 Phoenix - 2nd - Dioramas - 1/25 1999 Shelby Series One, 1996 Ford Crown Victoria, Sheriff's deputy, and Speed queen in "Two Fast Women"

Nationals20103.jpg

[and]: 2010 Phoenix - 2nd - Automotive (OOB) - 1/25 Peterbilt Wrecker

Nationals20105.jpg

I'm glad this theme did not ask for photos of all the non-award models.

Ed

Edited by ewahl

Ed,

You're a man of many talents. I remember many of these. Especially the dio of the cop and the "lady". One of the really great dios in IPMS/USA history. You need to re-do the dio with a "flaming" cop and a guy pulled over. :smiley2:

Thanks, Rusty and Mark, for saying that you actually remember the Two Fast Women diorama. It's a bigger compliment that Mrs. Treadhead was impressed enough to make certain you saw it too. While only a small part of the overall larger scene, the two figures are what give it "life" and tell the "story" of the diorama. Here's a photo of them.

TwoFastWomen9.jpg

The officer is a Jimmy Flintstone "Patty Patrol" resin piece. The offender is an R&R Vacuumcraft resin piece. The idea for the scene developed as I tried to identify a way to use the two of them together. I then built the two cars. The Shelby Series One is an outstanding Revell kit built OOB. The Ford Crown Victoria is a Lindberg snap kit with lots of work to improve it. The decals are aftermarket and adapted to fit the Crown Vic instead of a Chevy Caprice. The roadway and ground cover are all Woodland Scenics products. The sign was a scratchbuilt detail. I'm glad you liked it.

Ed