Another One Completed By The Duke

Mark Deliduka

Here you go everyone. Here's my last model finished in January.

This is MPC's 1/72 scale F-86D Sabre Dog. I built it Out of Box and painted it it Alclad Aluminum. The tail numbers on the decal sheet broke up so I stole some numbers from another plane. Now I've got her done and on the shelf.

On to the pics....

US%20F%2086D%20Sabre%20Dog%20I.JPG

US%20F%2086D%20Sabre%20Dog%20II.JPG

US%20F%2086D%20Sabre%20Dog%20III.JPG

That's all so far everyone. I'll let you know when I get more done.

Thanks for looking and comments are welcome.

Looking good. I don't work in 1/72 scale much as my eyes don't see that small like they used to. I did buy one of the new generation 1/72 Sabre dogs with photo etch and resin parts although I can't recall the manufacturer right now. It looks great in the box!

Its fun to relive our youth once in a while. I recently built the Monogram Cessna 180 and did a much better job than the several I built when I was a kid. The process has reversed as the fun started after the build when I was a kid. Now the fun is the build after which I give them away.

Keep em coming

Thanks for the comments guys, I'm glad you like it. '51, I love reliving my youth with these old models.

Hi Mark,

Just how old is that kit?

Glenn

Glenn, this model kit was issued in the '70's. Quite old but it went together like a dream. It does have the raised panel lines so typical of 70's-era kits.

Thanks again guys!

Thanks guys! I appreciate it. Your comments are very welcome.

Gil, I think you're right. It pretty well felt like an Airfix kit. Not as much flash or short-shot pieces.

Jeff, I agree. I love building Airfix kits.

I'm glad to see you have included the pilot figure that came with the kit. The pose may be generic, but at least it gives scale and character to the aircraft. Nicely done! :smiley32:

Ed

Thanks Ed! I'm finding myself actually adding aircrew and pilots to all these planes now. I started an old MPC Ju-52 recently and put in the full crew for that too. It's tiresome sometimes having to keep switching paints to do yet another detail, but I agree. It does give character to the model.

Thanks again for posting.