Field Marshal Hermann Goring

ewahl

It's time to put some life back into the Figures subgroup on the DF. Here are a couple of images of Field Marshal Hermann Goring from the Verlinden resin kit.

On May 22, 1939, the German and Italian governments signed a military alliance treaty known as the "Pact of Steel." In a photo of that event, Field Marshal Hermann Goring is shown standing approximately behind Adolf Hitler as he signs the treaty document. All general staff officers and Nazi Party officials wore their ceremonial dress black uniforms. I chose this look for the figure. It helped that Goring sat for a full-color artist's portrait wearing this uniform, making it a great painting reference. The strutting walk was taken by the Verlinden sculptor directly from a photo of Goring reviewing a line of troops in Austria in 1938, although he was wearing the blue-gray Luftwaffe uniform.

The figure is box stock, but I spent many hours cleaning up each of the pieces to remove casting plugs and enhancing details. Enjoy the finished project.

Ed

Goering1.jpg

Goering2.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

I've had a rattle can of Floquil Figure Primer around for many years. It worked great, and the details still showed through the fine grain of the primer. I've looked for more cans at the LHS, but to no avail. I painted the figure, then, with Windsor & Newton artists oils from the tubes. I like the working time I get with oils for blending, particularly on the flesh tones. The opposite side, of course, is the slow drying and curing time of the oils. I give that a week or more. The boots were painted with Model Master Gloss Black enamel. The gold and silver metallics are thinned Rub-n-Buff without rubbing when dry.

Thanks for looking. After a month of no responses I was beginning to wonder if anyone liked it.

Ed

I'm currently using ColorPlace gray primer, a Wal Mart product. Needs lots of shaking before use but when applied in light coats it goes on with little or no grain.

Just shot primer on an old Brit.Soldier metal figure that I'd had for 1000 years. I will not get the same results you got but I'll try! I like Andrea colors but have used oils sparingly.

I'm currently using ColorPlace gray primer, a Wal Mart product. Needs lots of shaking before use but when applied in light coats it goes on with little or no grain.

Just shot primer on an old Brit.Soldier metal figure that I'd had for 1000 years. I will not get the same results you got but I'll try! I like Andrea colors but have used oils sparingly.

I use Duplicolor Auto Primer (Light Grey or white). It is super fine, dries immediately and takes top paint like a dream. I then paint with acrylic (Andrea, Alllejo, Model Master, etc.) After the acrylic is dry, I match the color with oil paint and use very sparingly. It is easy to get great blending. Just don't put a lot of oil on the figure.

Jack Kennedy

Yes it very nice figure. If I could only get Jack to do another figure workshop in our club again, cause I have a couple sherman tankers to paint, and I suck at figure painting.:smiley17:

Yes it very nice figure. If I could only get Jack to do another figure workshop in our club again, cause I have a couple sherman tankers to paint, and I suck at figure painting. :smiley17:

Gilbert, you got it. I can do it at a meeting or you can come to my home. Your call.

Jack

• 4 weeks later...