Mr. Surfacer out of production?

DavidBridges

Does anyone know if the Gunze Sangyo Mr. Surfacer products are out of production? I'm trying to find some of the bottled product in the 500, 1000, and 1200 grades but having no luck. If anyone knows for sure where I can get some, it would be appreciated.

David

This is a good Question, I just checked both Squardron and Spruce Brothers, two of the biggest suppliers. Both are completely out of stock., I'm woundering if the manufacturer is going throu the same thing that happened to Tamyia with there labeling issue. Other then that I realy haven't a clue. Will did deeper into this as I love these products.

Edited by 802chrisg

Did some searching around and I found an online retailer called Robot4Less (caters to the Gundam crowd, mostly), and they had Mr. Surfacer 500 in stock. So if anyone is looking for it, it's out there, but you have to hunt. Would still like to know why it's so scarce anymore.

David

David,

Tamiya makes a good spray(can) primer and a liquid surface primer that remind me a lot of Mr. Surfacer. I get mine at the Hobbytown.

Timmy

I went looking for Mr. Surfacer in my LHS, but couldn't find it either. I was told by a good friend who works there that Gunze Sangyo only ships product to the US three times a year. According to him (who orders it) Gunze Sangyo doesn't think the US market is worth the effort to ship more product more often; they get more sales from Europe and Asia. Of course, I'm only going on what he told me, but since he deals with the company in trying to order product, I figure he might have some info I don't.

Anyway, that's some info on the subject. Maybe someone else can do some more digging and find out more.

Posted a question over on ML and I got a anwser. Try Lucy Models they have some in stock. Also from what I have found they have not gone out of business. Just a short supply here in the US.

Edited by 802chrisg

My order from Robot4Less got to me within 2 days! Didn't even ask for it that quick, but I'll take it! Oddly, HLJ doesn't have it in stock, either, so I'm not sure what the supply issue is. Either, it's out there, you just have to hunt for it.

David