F-5 Navy aggressor color question

burner12

I've heard that they are "local" mixes.

According to my Authentic Decals #72-33 F-5N/F Tiger II VFC-111 Sundowners, it might be FS35237 dark blue grey, FS35466 light blue, and FS36081 gunship grey. I would go with Light Ghost Grey, the dark glue grey and light blue.

To me, the darker, duller blue looks a LOT like WWII USN Medium Blue. I know it's NOT (technically), but it sure seems to match that color to my eye. You might check a Soviet color for the brighter blue, or even perhaps the old USAAF Trainer Blue.

My suggestion is to buy a few bottles of the colors you think look close (in the bottle) and then spray them on a test card to see how they look by comparison next to each other, and match up the colors to match the pic you linked.

GIL :smiley16:

To me, the darker, duller blue looks a LOT like WWII USN Medium Blue. I know it's NOT (technically), but it sure seems to match that color to my eye. You might check a Soviet color for the brighter blue, or even perhaps the old USAAF Trainer Blue.

My suggestion is to buy a few bottles of the colors you think look close (in the bottle) and then spray them on a test card to see how they look by comparison next to each other, and match up the colors to match the pic you linked.

GIL :smiley16:

hadn't thought of that gracias Gil

Edited by burner12