109 help

rogerp

IMHO Tamiya makes some nice kits. All you need is some PE seatbelts and there you go. Hasegawa seats(at least in their 1/72nd kits) are blocks of plastic.

Hi Roger. I have built the Hasegawa kit. It went together in about twelve days - this was back when the kit kit first came out. This was an out of the box build.

I have started a Tamiya but there are things which I need to do to make it right for me - too small tail wheel, prop looks small and the fabric control surfaces are heavy handed. The cockpit is nicer than the Hasegawa out of the box, though. Both look good, it is a matter of preference.

I also suggest you look at the new Airfix 1/48, it is a very nice kit. One of my friends is working on one, says it is better than both of the above out of the box.

I hope this helps.

Steve Munroe

• 3 weeks later...

The Hasegawa kit is 14 mm wide at the base of the canopy instead of the actual 13 mm.

At the top it is 8 mm instead of the actual 7.5 mm: A quite noticeable excess of broadness in itself.

The Tamiya is not much better, with a similar broad spine, though I don't know the actual dimensions.

For an E, I would recommend the 1/48th Airfix kit with a prop sourced elsewhere. This is a seriously researched kit, as the Eduard is much too long.

The F of course would be the Zvezda kit.

Gaston