F2H Banshee

Eric

I agree too! The Banshee is overshadowed by the Panther and very under-represented, especially in 1/48. That said, IF you can find the 1/48 CollectAire resin Banshees for a reasonable price (and that would be THE trick!), they are both nice kits. The F2H-2 Korean War era Banshee is an older mold with solid airframe parts, but good detailing, metal gear, and accurate outlines. The later model F2H-3/4 is a super nice kit, with better resin, hollow cast fuselage and wings, and just a much detailing. Both come with a nice selection of decals too.

100_0589.jpg

100_2562.jpg

Cheers!

GIL :smiley16:

The Hobbycraft F2H-3/4 is not much better. Fits good all around, but it needs fixing here and there. The intake engineering is a bad joke. You have to blank off the gun troughs so you don't see straight across the fuselage. Decals were a lot of trouble. Minimalistic cockpit, which you can't see through the one piece closed canopy. Shallow main wheel wells. Trench like panel lines. All doable with enough time and effort I guess. At the end of the build I just felt like I would rather spend the time on something else.

Rick L.