Nationals Decal Data Base!!!

Thanks to Mike George, our Data base has really Grown. Please check it out and if you have any of the missing sets, please get in touch with me! Also, Does anyone know HOW the whole Decal think started????

http://www.ipmsusa3....als/NATSDecals/

• 1 month later...

Actually some of the sheets contain various subjects. I know they are based on vehicles within the area the convention stakes place! I believe there was at least one State patrol car decal offered but something about liability came up after that set was released and another club tried to do the same from their State. To be honest, unless the club does some work, Armor vehicles are kinda drab and boring and the State sponsoring the Nationals has a Tank Commander War Hero type that rode in a COLORFULLY marked Armored Beast, there isn't much to offer! However, if we lived in France!!!!! OH LaLa!!!

The album is really cool! Thanks to Mark for the work maintaining it and thanks to all of those who contributed images.

In searching through my decals, I can contribute full sheets for the following Nationals (that are not already in the archive):

1984 -- one sheet, no credit identified

1986 -- one sheet, printed by Scalemaster, designed by Lloyd Jones

2001 -- three sheets, TwoBobs Aviation Graphics

2005 -- one sheet, Italeri ("Special decal sheet released exclusively for the 2005 IPMS USA National Convention and 2005 Dragon Expo")

2010 -- one sheet, TwoBobs

Mark, should I scan these into .jpeg format and email them to you?

Ed

I'm not sure but I believe it was a "special offer" contained in a Journal, not from a convention.

How about making a decal sheet for car modelers or for Armor builders?? I think they would go over as well, don't you?

Dave

We seriously considered doing an automotive subject for the 2003 convention, but due to the size of automotive decals, we went with other subjects that didn't take up as much room. I personally championed doing decals for the Oklahoma City Sheriff's Dept. cars. They were super cool looking (and included a VW bug) , but in the end I was voted down.

I'm not sure but I believe it was a "special offer" contained in a Journal, not from a convention.

Yes, it was a "Special" inserted into a Journal issue.

• 3 weeks later...

HI, Mark,

Back on October 1st I emailed you scanned jpeg images of the decals for five Nationals that are not in the data base. So far I have not seen them added to the data base. I used your tacomagreendragon email address if you missed seeing them.

Ed

Thanks to Mr Wahl, we now have 1984, 1986, 2001, and addition to 2005, and 2010 all in our Decal Database!!!!