Corpus Christi PBY

Just wanted to share the next one that will be coming off the bench. This is being built for a WW2 vet who trained on PBY's and flew PBM's in the Pacific. Just needs 23 parts or so. :m1helmet:

2012-08-25_18-19-33_400.jpg

Thanks guys.

Gil, it's the Revellogram 48th kit from the OA-10 boxing. Pretty warped but goes together nicely.

Looks great so far. I like the moon base it's on, with the crater by the wing ;^). I notice you've just glossed the area for the decals and not the whole aircraft...not a lot of decals to apply?

Only the four national insignia. It was a training base and I didn't have any photos to work from so I figured I'll make it generic. I am sure the recipient flew many different aircraft numbers in training.

My moonscape is blue insulating foam with lacquer thinner spills for craters. It was actually a test to see if i could make a convincing bomb crater by dripping the thinner onto the foam. Worked well I think.

All done. :m1helmet:

The decals were old and acted like it but they were all I had available. Delivery is tomorrow and the gentleman's 91st birthday is Monday. Not a bad kit. Some warpage but maybe that is because this was the new reissue.

Enjoy!

web_DSCF0491.jpg

web_DSCF0493.jpg

web_DSCF0504.jpg

web_DSCF0510.jpg