Early USN Dreadnaught colors

sumterIII

Anyone know what color the early dreadnaught colors were? Years from 1910-1914 if possible???? I think they were 05 Haze Grey with natural wood decks, but this is only a guess based on what i read in USN Camouflage colors 1914-1945.

i have a similar interest. I've not been able to find anything specific so far, but this has helped a little - http://thomo.coldie.net/wargaming/colour-schemes-of-ww1-warships

"Mid-gray" is sort of vague, but at least it gives an idea between light and dark.

I've also seen it as "#5 Standard Navy Gray."

Hey Mike

I saw that site before too. I found a good source once but lost it :mad: and forgot to email it to myself. I remember it said black bands were painted on the funnel for the squadron it was in. But these came after the switch to a darker grey (maybe mid grey?) about 1911 or so I think. Before that they were light grey (#5 standard). I have pictures after the war (about 1920) that has no bands with #5 grey.

I really wish somebody would come out with a good early US battleship in plastic. I like the new HMS Dreadnought, but an American ship would be great. I know there's plenty of stuff in 1/700 resin, but I'd like something in 1/350.

I've got two projects to finish, and then I'm going to start on the USS Olympia. I'd love to see more 'old steel' navy kits, too.