Support the Troops continues to expand

Dick Montgomery

A new Point of Contact, to which your hobby donations can be sent, has been developed. Camp Stone is located in Afghanistan and serves members of the Army, Navy, Air Force, and Marines. Camp Stone also organizes programs to send school supplies and sports gear (soccer balls are most welcomed) to the nearby villages.

The Point of Contact is Michelle Klapper and the shipping address is:

Michelle Klapper

Camp Stone

MWR AFGHANISTAN

APO, AE 09382

Remember that a sample Customs Forms (required for shipments overseas) can be seen at http://www.ipmsusa3.org/gallery/v/stt/APO/

Please note that being "new" to the IPMS Support the Troops program, Camp Stone has nothing in the way of hobby supplies. Not only are kits needed but the basic supplies for modeling are also high on the priority list.

Please consider getting something in the mail to Camp Stone in the next week.....and please propose to your home chapter (should you be affiliated with a chapter) that the chapter collects hobby items and then ships them to Camp Stone or to one of the other programs shown within the Support the Troops album. (view all programs at this link.)

New images from the Tarin Kowt group have arrived! Please consider providing donated modeling items to this Support the Troops program, or any of the other worthy programs.

View these images at http://www.ipmsusa3.org/gallery/v/stt/Tarin/. The new images are on the first page and are identified as "August 24 2012".

2 boxes from the IPMS/Gamecocks in Sumter/Shaw AFB, SC, with assistance from the AMPS-Central South Carolina Wildcats, were sent today. 1 box had a few kits, a few magazines, 3 tubes of glue and 6 paint brushes. The other box was full of Journals and model mags.

Edited by TimDarrah

Tim that's great news, please contact me in a couple weeks after my vacation so we can work on this.

Thanks for your support while I was gone.