Just a Quick Post of Two Quick Models...

Mark Deliduka

Hey all!

Here are my two latest ACE guns in 1/72 scale. Both of these were built OOB and hand painted.

First the German PAK 43 88mm towed anti-tank gun:

German_PAK_43_88mm_anti-tank_gun_I.JPG

German_PAK_43_88mm_anti-tank_gun_II.JPG

Next is the German PAK 43 Neuntoffer; which is essentially the same gun mounted on a cross-base for a 360-degree arc of fire:

German_PAK_43_Neuntoffer_I.JPG

German_PAK_43_Neuntoffer_II.JPG

That's all for now. I have a few more models to try and finish, hopefully I'll have more to show you soon.

Thanks all for looking in, comments are welcome.

Looks good Mark. Ace kits have sure come a long way in the past decade. I have a few of the newer kits. Leaps and bounds above the original limited run kits.

• 1 month later...

Duke:

I know I'm way late into this parade, but, If you painted these by hand, how were you able to do the other two cammo colors. I want to know, since I have a bunch of Armor kits that I will need to do cammo on. Can you plese tell me.

Dave (Grovelling for information)

Dave thanks for posting. I apologize for getting back to you so late; I've been super busy lately and haven't even been to the workbench in two weeks.

I did airbrush the base color first. Later, when I painted on the camo pattern, I would dip the fine brush in a little water (for the acrylic color) or paint thinner (for the enamel color) before adding paint to it. This would allow the color to flow better and lay down smoother to almost make it look airbrushed on. Sometimes the color would become too weak though and I'd have to paint over it again, but for the most part, it worked out fine. This is especially good to do for fine lines and small patterns, larger patterns are a bit tougher to do this way.

I hope this helps. I do hope to see pics of your work soon too.