Jaxcon 2013! Website info updated! LAST CALL!

I was very happy to have so many people in Orlando ask about our show. It will be held on Saturday, February 2nd, 2013. It will once more be at our regular facility: the UNF University Center in Jacksonville FL.

We've already got the ball rolling within the club (awards, etc.), and will start with advertising and vendor contacts by the end of October. If you're NOT sure if you're on my vendor list, email me and I'll be sure you are!

We've been averaging 400 models and over 100 entrants for several years. We have almost 10,000sqft to accommodate the vendors and models in one large, well lit, carpeted room. There's a snack bar and ATM on site, plus plenty of free parking. Our raffle is larger than most and we have the most categories (100+) outside of the Nats!

I'll be sure to post monthly updates from here on out til the first of the year and then increase the info up til show week. Hope you can make plans to join us for the fun!

Gil Hodges, Jaxcon 2013 chairman

Edited by ghodges

Gil, you know that I'll be there. You and your club always put on a great show with plenty of categories for one and all. Even us car guys never have any complaints. I might even finally plan my day accordingly so that I can volunteer to help with judging.

• 2 months later...

The first call for Jaxcon vendors has been sent out! If you did NOT get an invite and would like to vend, please email me ASAP at: slowhandshodges@bellsouth.net.

Tables are $25 each (8'x30", till we run out). We already "reserved" more than 30 tables in the room, so contact me quickly before we run out of room! Cheers!

GIL :smiley16:

• 1 month later...

Jaxcon 2013 is less than a month away. It will be held on Saturday, Feb 2nd, at the UNF University Center in Jacksonville FL. Our website has been updated with the rules, categories, cost info, directions, local hotel info, and forms you can download and print. Please go to: www.ipms-firstcoast.com and just click onto the appropriate link on the menu on the left side of the page.

Jaxcon averages 400-500 models per show and has almost 100 categories, which is almost as many as the IPMSUSA Nats! The vendors area is once more sold out and we expect to have as much fun as ever! If you live in the southeast, I hope you can make it to the show! Cheers!

GIL cool.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Vendor area is officially SOLD OUT! :smiley20: We have over 60 tables sold and a waiting list for any cancellations, so it's gonna be a whole lotta fun here in Jacksonville on Saturday, Feb 2nd! Hope you can make it here!

• 3 weeks later...

Jaxcon is THIS Saturday! The vendors area will be larger than ever, with vendors from all over Florida, Georgia, Tennessee, and even Ohio! I discovered while setting up the Registration and Judges notebooks that we had over 600 models on the tables last year, and it looks like we can challenge that again this year! For you car types, the Jacksonville Mopar Cruisers club will be hanging out and showing off their cars on Saturday afternoon; which should make for some great opportunities to drool on hemis and chrome!. We expect the raffle to be as big as ever also! The weatherman is calling for sunshine and 65 degrees, so I hope you can join us THIS Saturday, the 2nd, at the UNF University Center here in Jacksonville FL!

Get all the info you need and forms to download at: ipms-firstcoast.com.

No awards list...but there are already links to pics from the show in the topics below. I will be posting pics of the major award winners as soon as I get them assembled. OUR show is the one show where I have NO time to take pics of my own! :smiley7: