The Duke's Newest Models.

Mark Deliduka

Hello all. I managed to finish two of my three aircraft I've been working on. They are not award winners, but hey, I had fun with them and I think they look good enough. That's the name of the game ain't it? :smiley20: Feel free to check out my first models of 2009.

Before that though, here is my Sabre Dog that still needs some work. I discovered that I still needed to add some red to the Sabre Dog's tail. So, I painted on some red in the rough shape I needed. Then after it was dry, I masked everything off and shot another coat over her. One of the main landing gear fell off so I just left it off until the paint dries and masks are removed.

Here she is with her new coat of aluminum:

WIP%20Dog%20Sabre%20X.JPG

Now on to the finished models.

This first one is from a company called Flugzeug-Modelkasten and is the 1/72 scale Sukhoi Su-7 BKL Fitter.

Russian%20Su%207%20Fitter%20BKL%20I.jpg

Russian%20Su%207%20Fitter%20BKL%20II.jpg

Yesterday the nose probe broke off and disappeared, so when I find it again, or craft a replacement I'll add it back on. For now though, this one is finished.

Yeah, this is my F-100 Super Sabre from Pioneer in 1/72 scale done up in natural metal finish and including a sharkmouth:

US%20F%20100%20Super%20Sabre%20I.JPG

US%20F%20100%20Super%20Sabre%20II.JPG

I kind of get the feeling these decals were supposed to be used for a camouflaged bird, given how small and sparse the decals are. I wanted to make this a NMF bird instead so I went with what I had. Maybe I'll go through my spare decals and see if there are any other stripes or other 'decorations' I can add to it.

Well, there they are: my first finished models for 2009. In a few more days I expect to have several new pieces of armor to add to this list of finished models.

Thanks all for looking, comments are welcome.

Superscale had more than one sheet of F-100 decals with lots of stripes, buzz numbers, and data blocks. Terrific job on these kits from (to me) obscure manufacturers. ESCI has a nice F-100F in 1/72.

Ed

Thanks guys! I apologize for not responding sooner. It seems my E-mail notifications of replies wasn't making it to my E-mail box.

Ed, thanks for the heads up on the superscale decals. I'll keep them in mind for future builds. Meanwhile I have several spares in my decal stash that I can use up. And yes, they are obscure companies and the molding quality and detail level shows it.

Oh and Mike, the other seven fingers were working on my armor that you see in the armor forum. :smiley20::smiley17:

Thanks again for the great replies.