Thanks for the great time !

Well it`s saturday nite and we just got back from Epcot .Everything is winding down ..I want to thank everyone here in Florida for making our stay a memorable one ..The tours were great , the kits were awesome ,and the vendors rooms cost me lots of my good hard earned cash...What more could I ask for . Congrats on a convention !

Now I just got to get all this stuff in my suitcase, and get on the plane tomorrow afternoon ...Thanks for everything !

Rick

Can't say thanks enough!!!! Everything was great except for my crushed (box only) DEF Models turret! My bad for not packing it better!

We had a great time time as well..thanks to all the volunteers , and thanks to those guys that helped with the vendor unloads last week. that was a real blessing. I sure wish we couldve stayed for the awards..we had to leave Saturday,so my wife and I had to pull our entries early ;(

I had a great time, and would like to type a few words about the people I saw working on the 2012 IPMS/Disney convention.

Starting with Mike and Marie VanSchoonhoven who had been riding bareback on top of this monster for the last two years who done their homework, planing all details, working in accordance with the proper IPMS people, working out all the foreseeable problems a head of time, avoiding all the last minute chaos, making several trips from their home in St Pete to Disney on their dime and their time, pulling money from their own pocket to make some the smaller details happen. These two are truly the hidden gem stones that were uncovered. Thank you Mike and Marie for a great show that would have never happened if not for you two.

And big thanks to the Pelican club members to many to mention by name but you know who you are, The guys who stood behind the counters, sat behind the tables, directing people all the while being polite, friendly and displaying good manners, The behind the scenes computers techs, grunt workers and all the other people involved. And above all thanks for leaving any egos at the door, working together as a team in a professional manner, making this show work like a well oiled machine. You guys rock and should be proud.

Thanks to all the incredible volunteers, stuffing bags, running errands, doing all the rest that was needed and just being willing to help people. Awesome!

and Thanks Mickey! It was magic.

Edited by GregWise

Let me add my congratulations to the convention host team and all of the volunteer workers. A job very well done. Not to mention the exceptional service received from Mickey's buddies.

I too want to say thanks to mike for being so kind to me during and after my face plant into the floor. The good news is I won't be needing surgery on my shoulder. And thank you all for your kind words.

I'll add my congratulations to all who put this on. Great Job! My wife and my daughter and I had a magical time there, as they say in Disney speak. Not only was the convention great, but the staff at the whole park was exceptional. I've never seen such wonderful people working together so happily before. Especially with the crowds they had. Disney cast members really lived up their reputation for us. We arrived the Friday before the convention started and managed to see all 4 main parks and a water park. Rode every major ride, sometimes twice. I almost forgot there was a model show....almost. The Kennedy Space Center tour was also exceptional. Again well done. I hope we here in Colorado can do as great a job.

Doug D

Just got back to Michigan this evening. Long drive but we had a blast at WDW. EXCELLENT convention at a great place. The host chapter has earned a long rest. They put on a flawless show and I'm sure everyone had a great time. I must say the seating and amount of room we had for the awards ceremony was just wonderful. I wish every awards ceremony could be just like that. Overall - PERFECT !!!

Just when you think you've seen it all and a Nats can't get better....it DOES! Had more fun this show than I can remember! Congrats to Mike and Marie, and their stalwart committee members and volunteers. I had a blast!

GIL :smiley16:

• 2 weeks later...

My congratulations to our hosts on an exceptionally well run convention. Everything exceeded my expectations and I came home me with many fond memories.

My sincere THANK YOU TO ALL.